Holiday Ride Sharing
Holiday Ride provides a shared-ride service on all major holidays when TheRide regular fixed-route service does not operate.
How to RideCall (734) 528-5432 to request a trip.All Holiday Ride trips must be scheduled by phone reservation. Give the dispatcher the following information:
- Your name
- Your pickup location
- Drop off location
- Number of passangers (includign any non-paying children)
- If your are using a car seat or wheelchair
- If you want a call back when the car is arriving
Holiday Ride operates much like regular car service with these important differences:
- Holiday ride is a shared-ride service. The car may pickup and/or drop off other passengers while you are in the car.
- It is recommended that you allow at least an hour to complete your trip. The average trip takes about 45 minutes.
- You may carry and take with you only what you can hold on your lap, except wheelchair and walkers.
- Service for wheelchair users is provided with a lift-equipped van.
You may stay indoors until your Holiday Ride arrives. However, watch for the vehicle’s arrival. The driver cannot wait more than two minutes for you.
When a car or van arrives, ask if it is your Holiday Ride.
If you decide not to take Holiday Ride after you have made a reservation, please call (734) 528-5432 and cancel the reservation.
All trips on Holiday Ride must fit in one of the following two ride options:
- Have both the origin and destination in Ann Arbor
- Have one end of the trip in Ann Arbor, and the other end in the area east of Ann Arbor shown on the map below.
When It RunsMonday – Friday: 6:00am – 11:00pmSaturday & Sunday: 7:30am – 7:00pm
What it cost
Passengers must have exact change.$5.00 standard fare per trip, cash only. $2.50 per person with AAATA Senior or A-Ride identification card issued by TheRide. (+) $2.00 per person additional charge for trips that begin or end outside Ann Arbor without an advance reservation. (-) $2.00 discount funded by the Ann Arbor Downtown Development Authority (DDA) for riders with go! Pass for Trips beginning or ending in Ann Arbor DDA area – not including University of Michigan campuses/building. One child age 5 or younger is free for each paid adult fare.
Anyone may call for a ride within the Holiday Ride service area (see map and related conditions above) on these holidays:
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day